We are no longer accepting applications for the 2019 Gold Star Scholarship. Please check back after January 1, 2020 for the 2020 Gold Star Scholarship Application and Criteria.
2019 Gold Star Scholarship
• Be a child (under age 21) of a member of the US Armed Services who died while serving on active duty
• Be a graduating student in the Class of 2019 from a high school in Pierce County, Washington
• Minimum GPA: 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
• Plan to enroll and attend a community college, technical college, or 4-yr college/university in the Fall of 2019
• Scholarship will be in the amount $1,000
• Funds will be sent directly to the school and payable to the school on the student’s behalf
• Use of funds is limited to tuition, books, fees, room, and board.
1. Complete and submit the application at the end of these instructions.
2. Provide an official transcript that includes first semester courses and grades.
3. Provide a copy of the DD-1300 (Report of Casualty while on Active duty)
4. Provide a Letter of Recommendation
5. Mail completed application and supporting documents to the address below postmarked by April 30th:
Character In Life Foundation
PO BOX 1553
Puyallup, WA 98371
For further questions please send an email to: CharacterInLife@gmail.com